CubTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!!

5 posters

Go down

Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!! Empty Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!!

Post  Cub Cadet 123 Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Thought it would be great to see pictures of many different cubs that are in their winter attire!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 123 is ready....

....and so is my 126

Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123

Back to top Go down

Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!! Empty Re: Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!!

Post  IACubCadet Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

The 62 Original is ready to go with its SIMS cab!

IACubCadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!! Empty Re: Let's See Your Cubs That Are Snow Ready!!

Post  4SPEED Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 am

I have my 2 ready to go and this 125 is going to my son's house.

4SPEED
4SPEED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cub Cadet 123 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 pm

IACubCadet----Really diggin' that cab for an original! Was that a modified one or was it specifically made to fit just the original? It is the only one of its kind that I have ever seen!

Doug-----Those cubs look as good in the picture as what I remember seeing them in person, except for that metallic paint job was awesome to see in person!!

Thanks for sharing your photos guys! I hope to have my 149 back soon and put the cab back on it. It's in the shop with some chewed up balance gears, which I'm going to remove and not replace!

Keep the pictures coming!

Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123

Back to top Go down

Post  IACubCadet Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Cub Cadet 123- This cab was made for an Original By SIMS manufacturing company. It is a full cab that bolts/snaps on mounts and the fenders. One must remove the footrests and have round fenders to make it work. It is really a neat item. I need to do a little work on it to make it 100 percent but it is in really good shape for its age.

IACubCadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcubcadet Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 am

Awesome pictures so far, everyone! I am not quite ready, with the 1782 super smoker...Hope to have a picture to post soon, though!

Cub Cadet 123, if you ever decide to sell that thrower that you got off of me...let me know!! Very Happy
mrcubcadet
mrcubcadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cub Cadet 123 Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

mrcubcadet wrote:

Cub Cadet 123, if you ever decide to sell that thrower that you got off of me...let me know!! Very Happy

Ok mrcubcadet, I'll hold that for you if I ever decide to get rid of it. I figured when I got it off of you that you would miss it once winter started coming on. I may be in touch with a 36" one soon if I can land it for a decent price and if the guy wants to sell it, let me know if you have any interest in a 36" one. I'm still looking for a cab for you--wish that I had bought one in Portland, but NO ONE WAS AROUND TO SELL THEM Sad .

Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcubcadet Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Cub Cadet 123 wrote:
mrcubcadet wrote:

Ok mrcubcadet, I'll hold that for you if I ever decide to get rid of it. I figured when I got it off of you that you would miss it once winter started coming on. I may be in touch with a 36" one soon if I can land it for a decent price and if the guy wants to sell it, let me know if you have any interest in a 36" one. I'm still looking for a cab for you--wish that I had bought one in Portland, but NO ONE WAS AROUND TO SELL THEM Sad .

Cub Cadet 123

A 36" would be GREAT! That's why I didn't mind selling the 42"...Because I really needed a 36" for my 105.

Don't worry, we'll find one! Look what a family I know has for sale... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mrcubcadet
mrcubcadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cub Cadet 123 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 pm

mrcubcadet wrote:
Cub Cadet 123 wrote:
mrcubcadet wrote:

Cub Cadet 123

A 36" would be GREAT! That's why I didn't mind selling the 42"...Because I really needed a 36" for my 105.

Ok, I'll see if I can contact the man soon. Of course you would do the right thing and paint that cab before placing it on a cub, right?.......I mean, it is deer season and all.

Cub Cadet 123

Don't worry, we'll find one! Look what a family I know has for sale... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcubcadet Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Went and looked at the the cab today... Looks like to much cab for me.

However, I did find this Simplicity cab for sale... Looks to be very close to your "Original Tractor Cab" cab, Cub Cadet 123...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mrcubcadet
mrcubcadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcubcadet Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Got another cab coming my way the weekend before Christmas!

mrcubcadet
mrcubcadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TSWolf Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

What's that one going on, Conner?

TSWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IACubCadet Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice find Conner! Wish I could get my wideframe windbreaker mounted...

IACubCadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcubcadet Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks guys, but I actually got to talking with the guy who had the JD cab on FaceBook this evening...and he brought it out to try!

Actually seems that it will be a good fit, once I do some modding. The main things I have to do is cut those two brackets hanging down in the back off at about the center, so that I could put them back on if needed. Then, I have to cut a half-circle in the left side of the cab, where it meets my fenders...The fuel cap is right in the way if the fender base plate.

After those two things, adding a cut-out piece of ply-wood on each foot pad to accommodate the 'almost to wide' width of the cab, and changing the size of the hinged bottom-half plexiglass windshield to adapt to my side panels...it ought to fit right on! What do ya'll think?

mrcubcadet
mrcubcadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cub Cadet 123 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 pm

mrcubcadet,

I wouldn't try to make it too tight of a fit because of the fumes that our machines release!! Looks like a pretty decent fit. I had to use some angle iron to adapt some of mine, it's cheap and effective. I do not drill any holes in my cubs to install any of my cabs--however, when I got my 126, it already had holes drilled and it came with the cab for it. I'm glad that you have located a cab for your cub, just don't be too worried if it doesn't fit super tight--it will still block the wind and snow! santa

Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down